Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Radio, what's new? Radio, someone still loves you!

99.7 hasn't played classic rock in a long time. We were flipping through the channels last week and landed on it. It's called Gen X radio. It has Mix 93.3's DJs from the mid to late 90s and they play the same music they did then, too. Kelly Urich made a joke about it yesterday.

I used to wonder what the oldies stations would play when I was my parents' age. Well, I'm 23 years old and that radio station is called Gen X Radio. I also used to wonder what it would be like to be around during the height and fall of the Roman empire. Then the stock market went tits up. Huh.

I went to school today to talk to Elijah about signing up for classes again. He saw me and smiled and then saw Bobby and said, "HI! I was wondering what was keeping your mom so busy!" Going back to school is a good decision. I have to make a big decision in the next couple of days though - Art History or Intro to Astronomy with Blue. I need to take Art History and I need to take another science class. I guess it all depends on how soon I can graduate. Probably not in three semesters, so watch out Astronomy (and Blue), HERE I COME!

Probably the weirdest part is that Elijah takes me seriously. I don't take myself seriously, I didn't take school seriously the first time around, and I don't expect other people to take my school work seriously. Not an artist, brah. Except...there's someone taking me seriously, so I guess I better set some expectations and live up to 'em.

1 comment:

Tockbot said...

School! That's awesome! I found my second go-round at school went much much better than my first.

So, I bought those boots. Please please teach me to knit socks! I've been wanting to learn how to knit in the round for a long time, but I was scared to try to figure it out by myself.